Shipping is the most important process in the life cycle of a physical product buying experience in an e-commerce website. This process is prone to issues & human error that can’t be resolved with the click of a button. And any issues that might occur due to unforeseen circumstances during the process need to be documented properly. Also, the use of third-party courier services makes it even more strict as we need to present the evidence to them if we want to claim any issues/damages. This is one of the reasons we ask everyone to make unboxing video. This is something that can only be done by the person receiving it. Buying online comes with its own perks and responsibilities. No courier company is perfect, and their weakest point, most of the time is the person responsible for pickup/delivery. Saying that, we suggest one should make unboxing video not only while buying from us but for any online purchase you do.
Unboxing video is compulsory when you purchase from our website and without it, we will not entertain any queries regarding this. When you are purchasing something, you are not only interacting with us but with a third-party courier service also which has their own set of guidelines and process for any issues. If you don’t take a video and find any issues with delivery, even if it may seem obvious to you, it may be to us and definitely not to the courier company. Even if we try to get the issue resolved, it can take a lot of time without video and is not guaranteed to be resolved. Taking a video might seem like a hassle but if any issue arises, it will be a more hassle.
When delivery boy arrives to deliver your shipment, please inspect the shipment before accepting it. Make sure that the shipment was not tampered by anyone. If you feel like it has been tampered with and repacked, please take pictures of the package, reject the delivery & send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the shipment images and we will verify the details. If everything is good it will be delivered next day, if not it will be returned, and order will be reshipped.
- Put the camera on a stable place in a well-lit place so everything is clear.
- Show the shipping label on the camera, which is present on the package. Shipping label contains the tracking number, your address and product details. It is important to show the shipping label clearly so it can be proven that the shipment you are unboxing is the correct shipment.
- Show all sides of the package to show that the package has not been opened before and you are opening it for the first time.
- Once the shipment is opened, please make sure that the product delivered is correct and not damaged.
- In case everything is ok, and product is correct & in perfect condition, you are good to go.
- In case of damaged shipment: Once the package is opened, please show the product box condition in the camera to show any damages on the box and also show the product itself.
- In case of wrong product: Once the package is opened and you suspect the product delivered is wrong, please show all the sides of product box and labels present on the box to prove that the product is different. You don’t have to open the wrong product seal, keep it as it was delivered till the solution is provided.
- All the steps above should be recorded without any cuts, and everything should be in frame all the times, do not take the product or shipment out of frame for even a slight moment.